Monday, January 21, 2008

Getaway weekend

       So, back in March Sam and I went to the Trendwest presentation (it's a time share/vacation company) because they said we'd get a free night's stay at either the Anniversary Inn or the Alaskan Inn if we went. Both are about $250 a night theme inns in utah. We chose the Alaskan Inn because it had overall better reviews online as far as quality and whatnot. What Trendwest didn't tell us however, is that our "free" night's stay could not be on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night, and it could not take place during the entire week before or after any holiday, and we had to pay a $20 nonrefundable deposit to get it. They of course told us this part after the 6-hour long presentation. The only night that Sam wouldnt have school the following day that worked with the Trendwest hype was this weekend, so 9 months later- we finally got to go!
       It was TOTALLY worth the wait. We hadn't done something fun to get away together since our caribbean cruise last may, so this was a very welcomed chance to be all romantic and lovey.
       It's located up in Ogden canyon and it was SO beautiful. Our room was all cabiny and had wild animal noises on when we came in. It had an awesome, big jacuzzi tub in there too which was ever so nice. Since it was sunday, we didn't want to go out to dinner, so we brought all the fixin's to make taco salad up there with us. We just mixed all the ingredients together in our room and had a delicious picnic style dinner. The room came complete with cider and cookies waiting for us when we got there, and we also got a big homestyle breakfast brought to our room this morning. It was just perfect!
       It wasn't snowing when we drove up, but it sure as heck was snowing by the time we left. We woke up to more than a foot of snow that had fallen over night. Our car was totally covered and we were afraid we were going to have to dig it out. That's only because we're used to driving the altima though- the Rav4 had no problems whatsoever handling the ridiculous amounts of snow that surrounded it. Hooray for having a new fancy car that can handle the bad weather.
       So that was our kickin' weekend! It was honestly the best weekend we'd had in a long time. Here are our pics:
       So, I accidentally forgot my maternity jacket in vancouver last weekend. I thought maybe I could just squeeze into my old favorite black jacket until I got my other one back. I wound up wearing it, but don't worry- I do realize how ridiculous it looks.







3 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds great! I'm sad we missed our chance- we would have gone this weekend to, but to the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake, if we hadn't left Utah.

Jolayne said...

Sounds like fun. Don't quite get so many of those alone time moments with children.

Becky said...

ohhh, a romantical get away huh. I wonder what that would be like....
lol
Im glad you had fun
I will try to get your jacket in the mail this week. (however I think you look AMAZING in that other one. Cropped is so sheek)