Monday, January 14, 2008
Pneumonia :(
So a few posts back, I mentioned that I had been sick. It turns out I didnt just have a horrible, paralyzing cold- it was full-blown pneumonia. Two weeks later, I still am coughing constantly and have a froggy sounding voice and there was no sign of this clearing up on its own. I finally went to the doctor this morning and he listened to my lungs and said they were full of crud and that he was positive that I had had pneumonia and it has now turned into a case of walking pneumonia. He gave me a 14-day round of antibiotics that should clear it up, but until then I'm still all coughy and gross sounding. At least I know what the problem is now and feel confident that the end is in sight. Being sick while pregnant is SO much harder than being normal sick, and coughing constantly is just torture. I havent had any other ailments to go along with my pregnancy though, so I really can't complain too much. I'm just glad that after 3 weeks of being sick, there's a promise of relief coming soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
i am so sorry, but it good to have an end of this crud in sight!
I hope you feel better soon!
I'm gllad you figured out what it was and can hopefully now recover quickly.!
You have my sympathies. I think being sick when pregnant is the worst as well. The good news is that you are more than half way done. Woo hoo
That sucks Lori!! Although not to the same degree, I too have been experiencing being sick while pregnant and it is the worst. Luckily it is only a cold. I hope you get better soon and if you want me to make you some soup just let me know.
Post a Comment