Thursday, June 19, 2008

Feeling crafty

In my continued dedication to my goal of never watching day-time TV or spending my days playing video games now that I'm not working, I've been taking on new crafty projects. Here are some of the results:

I never had anywhere good to hang up addie's bath towels or jackets in the nursery, so I decided to make her a cute shelf that would match her room. I added some bugs for optimal cuteness.



My brother in law Kenny absolutely adores everything nintendo. He also has a high affinity for garden gnomes. So for his birthday, I decided to combine his two loves by buying a ceramic garden gnome and painting it up like mario. I mean really, who wouldn't love to receive a hand-painted mario garden gnome as a gift, right? I actually did a lot of texturing and cool stuff with the paint on his beard... but it darkened when I laquered him, and then the camera just didn't pick any of it up- but oh well- you get the point.

9 comments:

Becky said...

So nice! I need to get my coat rack up in the boys room. yours is way cuter though.

Jenn said...

k, that gnome is awesome. like, kenny will flip out, and I'll have a hard time topping that gift for a long time.

Jenn said...

oh, btw, we will totally be sending in a pic to nintendo power

kevandcan said...

That gnome is too funny. I LOVE the shelf, and the whole room. Cute cute!

Danielle said...

Can I hire you to decorate my house? The shelf is too cute, and the gnome is awesome!

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

Addies room is so adorable! You have always been so dang crafty. Props for not getting hooked on video games while at home, I have not been so successful! Love your Mario gnome! cute idea!

Jolayne said...

Nice job on Addie's room. The tv is on in the morning and around noon with kids' shows, but it always feels weird if I ever sit down to watch something in the middle of the day.

Linda said...

what a cute baby in her orange! Your "craftiness" is terrific and I love the color, I can imagine it in there well. And, what can I say about the gnome, the present one had best be careful as he is soon to be replaced.

Autumn said...

Wow, you are so talented! Addie's room is super cute and the gnome is one of the coolest gifts ever.