Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The mark of a mom

       So... addie LOVES to suck on whatever is near her face. My arm has become a major target as of late, and these are the results:

That was the first one I got, while watching wall-e (which was a great movie by the way). I thought it was pretty bad, hence me taking a picture of it. A week later though, I realized that Addie could do a lot worse... I let her suck on my arm for maybe 2 minutes while hanging out with friends. I looked down and BAM!


       Aside from giving ridiculous hickeys, Addie has really become just SO fun lately. Every day for the last month+ she's become more and more aware of what's around her. She LOVES to smile and talk to anyone who will make eye contact with her (unless I woke her up from a nap and she's still in sleepy mode, then she stares at walls). I just love so much how I'm always greeted with a huge smile followed by adorable coos and attempts at talking.
      She's totally playing with things now and reaching for things to touch them and attempt to eat them. Her favorite is freddie the firefly, a gift I got from Chris and Gina at my baby shower. She is SO funny with freddie. She stares at him, wiggles her head back and forth to intimidate him, then grabs him with both of her arms and legs and attacks him, pulling him up to her face and smothering him with her mouth. I think it's a rather abusive relationship... but freddie keeps coming back for more.

       She goes down for naps without any fussing 80% of the time; she just talks to herself for a while then drifts off. Night time can be harder to get her to calm down after the long day... but even then it's not too bad. The downside of her being so happy to smile and talk at us is that she's been attempting to do so during the night this last week. She has been waking up every few hours and squawks loudly until I go in to see what's wrong. It's hard to be mad at her for it though. I try my hardest to be ticked, but then I go into her room to get her and the second she sees me she's full of smiles and her whole body wiggles with excitement; honestly- it's impossible to stay mad that she woke me up just to tell me she loved me.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Dang loo, those are some serious war wounds.

Kris and Megan said...

Holy cow! She's got some strong sucking abilities! That would be fun to get together sometime- I am just a little stranded during the day though, Kris takes the car to work. But, we live near Target, so anytime you plan to go up there, let me know and maybe we could get together then?? That would be fun. Or maybe when Jenni gets into town?? Oh, and cute new blog layout! :)

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

LOL. Look at all the action you're getting as a new mom! I like Freddie, I will have to keep him in mind...Addie is just getting cuter every day Lori! (If that's even possible!)

Allie said...

Goodness she's quite the sucker! I love your new blog look!

Danielle said...

What a sweet little girl! (Minus trying to suck your arm off!)

Alan and Kiersten said...

lol! that is hilarious! wow! i have never seen that before! she has some serious sucking capabilities! oh and i love your new layout! very creative!

Callie said...

I love your new blog look. I usually get frustrated trying to re-do mine. Hope you recover fast...don't let that baby near your neck!

merrilykaroly said...

Ha ha! I loved that part about her waking you up to tell you she loves you :) Babies are so sweet.

Chris Kline said...

Sweet hickey. Sam must be so jealous!