Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Things

Happy item #1: As of this morning, I've lost 44 pounds in 3 months!
I only have 5 more to lose until I'm back where I want to be. After that though, I have some serious tummy-toning to do before I can feel exactly like I did before the pregnancy.

I'm really happy with how things are going because I was way nervous about the nearly 50 pounds I'd gained with Addie. I decided I needed to act as quickly as possible to get my happy lori body back, so the second that I felt completely healed and had stopped bleeding from the delivery (which took about 3 weeks)- I started walking/running or biking regularly.

Much of my weight loss has been luck though. Most girls are ravenously hungry during the months they nurse their babies, but I'm kind of the opposite; I have to try to remember to eat. I am usually so busy doing other things and taking care of Addie during the day that all I can remember to eat is a slimfast when I wake up just so I have something in my system for the day, then I have a big, healthy dinner with sam when he gets home. Between eating a minimal amount, riding the bike for an hour at least 4 days a week, and nursing addie- I've lost between 2-3 pounds a week since she was born. It's not always easy to make the time to workout and whatnot, but I really feel fantastic and am SO glad to get that weight off before it became a permanent feature of mommyhood. Here are some pictures I took to document my efforts:



Happy item #2: I'm now a contract writer for TestOut! Starting at the end of this week, I'll be working 30-40 hours a week from home as a contract writer, hooray hooray! They are paying me an hourly wage comparable to what I was paid when I was salary, and I'll be able to take care of Addie full-time still. For now I just have a contract for a month, but more than likely I'll be able to continue for as long as it suits me and TestOut. We feel SO blessed and I'm very excited to be able to contribute financially and be more productive as a whole. Hooray hooray!

8 comments:

Sara said...

You look amazing Lori, Good Job! Hope all works out for you and your plans with the job.

Jolayne said...

Congrats on both accomplishments. You look great. How you feel about yourself makes such a difference.

Nicole said...

Congrats on both awesome things!!! You look so good and I am seriously impressed!!!

Becky said...

Nice work loo, nice work.

Danielle said...

Yay to both good news items!

Jenn said...

You do look wodnerful, and I am SO HAPPY about the job thing. That's so great.

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

Yay Lori! Way to be HOT mom! LOL. Since I am starting out pretty big with this pregnancy, I am pretty sure people are going to start calling me MOOSE. lol. I will have to call you for tips post prego. You really look great! I am happy to hear that you are going to be able to work from home! That is such a coveted job! Millions of ladies worldwide would die to have that opportunity. You really deserve it, and it will be SO nice to feel like you are still contributing financially to your family. Plus you get to be with Addie!! Nice work Lori!

Linda said...

Nice going, Lori! great dedication. And congrats on getting the job to work out for home. What a blessing!