

On a funny note, Josh's niece (she seemed about 7) was positive I was Addie's sister. I sat down next to her and she said "Where's the mommy?"
I replied, "What do you mean?"
She said "Where's you and your sister's mommy?" And she pointed at Addie.
I went on to tell her that I am Addie's mommy, but she continued to point out that I seem more like her sister. I did have my hair in pigtails that evening though, so perhaps that added to my youthful vibe :)
Oh, and here's the best reason to celebrate that's happened to me in ages: TODAY WAS MY LAST DAY WORKING!!!! I finished my course over the weekend and am officially done! I drove up to TestOut today and handed in my study books, turned in my writing, and then I came home and deleted all of my work programs and files on my home computer. I am so stinkin' excited I dont know what to do with myself! The weight has been lifted! I'm a FREE WOMAN!!!
My ambitions for my first week off include playing lots of video games and taking addie on a walk every day (assuming the weather isn't too gross). We're going to go to the park for the first time tomorrow, I hope she enjoys it.
Next week I plan on starting on my overhaul of TheBurkmans.com and also catch up on my digital scrapbooking. I also have a great idea for a painting that I'm going to get started on. Now that I am not perpetually obligated to spend all of my time trying to write for work, I get to do the things that I haven't had the liberty to do for months. Hooray!


3 comments:
Hooray for cute outfits and not working!
I'm so excited for the day I'm not at my office for 8 hours, 5 days a week! I know having mom duties will be its own work...but being at home working will be nicer than in the office working! :o)
Congrats on being done with work! And Addie's outfit is so cute!
Hope you enjoying your newfound freedom as a full-time mommy! It's still lots of work of course, but I bet it's nice not to have other projects in the back of your mind.
Post a Comment