Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New goal: Learn how to work our SLR

So, I'm determined to learn to take better pics with our SLR. Our place doesnt have any good natural light though, so it's a bit harder. Plus, it's too cold and gross gross out to take many pics outside. We finally got a fancy new flash for christmas and it has a diffuser on it, so I decided to try figuring out how to use all of it. Anyway, I followed Addie around for a bit yesterday just trying to take pics and get good lighting with my camera settings. I didnt have intent of keeping the billions of pics, they were really just for camera practice, but then i wound up liking so many of them I just couldnt bring myself to delete them. *Lori take too many pics of addie? shocker, I know.*

If you're bored, all of the pics can be seen here. I'm just going to include some of my favorites:

Here are the ones where I finally got more or less the lighting and aperture I was going for. Are any of them fantastic feats of photography? No, no they arent. Are they steps in the right direction for me? Well, I hope so. My biggest obstacle in our indoor pics is that we live downstairs and any light we do get is very cold and grey; fixing the white source on the camera then playing with the pics in lightroom can only do so much.



Here are the ones that the lighting and my camera settings aren't what I wanted, but I liked the pics so I kept them anyway (Addie learning to use a sippy cup is a brand new accomplishment of the week, yay!):


And lastly, here's a pic of addie doing the dance from thriller:

7 comments:

Phillips Family said...

We are diggin the lady bug-type outfit.

Kris and Megan said...

oh my goodness, i LOVE that outfit! even though i would love to have a little girl already, that outfit could possibly be my entire motivation if i were to get one similar! :) you and jenni seem so handy with cameras- i would love to learn but really am not great with reading manuals... so, i'll probably just vicariously live through your cute pics of addie.

Jenn said...

I do love the pics, definitely a step in the right direction. She has such cleopatra eyes.

eric and melea said...

that outfit is so dang cute.

Lori said...

Oh thanks for the cute outfit comments. I was trying to dress her like her ladybug for the pictures :)

merrilykaroly said...

What a cute outfit! There's no place like home, there's no place like home...

Jolayne said...

Cute pics. Do you think she ever thinks, "Aw shoot, here she comes again with that flashy thingy."?