Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy November!




Happy November! Here is why November is awesome:

  1. I turn 27 this month. 27 isn't exactly a milestone, but it is a perfect cube! (3x3x3 = 27)

  2. Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday, probably because it's a no-presents, just food-and-family holiday.

  3. I'll have a real job lined up! (I hope...) My list is narrowed down to 5 companies right now, and I've finished interviews with 3 of them. I can't say who has offered me jobs already because I don't want to show my hand yet... but here's where I'm interviewing:

    • Seattle (2 companies)
    • Redmond (1 company)
    • Portland/Lake Oswego (1 company)
    • Orange County/Irvine CA (1 company)
I was set to interview with a couple companies in San Francisco, but Lori and I decided to trim our list to avoid having to travel all month and probably failing half my classes :) We were more likely to live and work in the other places, so no bay area for us.

So assuming nothing crazy happens, Lori and I will be staying on the West coast and probably in the Northwest. AND, if I live in Seattle, I don't have to worry about becoming a Sonics fan :)

6 comments:

Lance said...

I have no dog in this fight if you are on the west coast. I mean, I would have a preference but that's good.

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

I am praying that God sends you and Lori right to the place He wants you. I of course am biased and prefer the lake oswego option....lol. Good luck Sam! They all sound like winning locations to me!

Jenn said...

Great, now Kenny will be jealous HIS age isn't the perfect cube.
I think I'm voting lake oswego or OC. Since Houston is out of the picture;;;;/. zzdx (thats what daniel has to say about it)

Nicole said...

good luck with choosing! YOu guys are awesome!!! And Happy Birthday!

Addie is looking as cute as ever!! Love all the pics.

Cassie said...

I'm so excited for you!! I dont like all this secrecy

Dalene said...

Good luck Sam! I know some of us are biased to the Portland area ;-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for whatever!

although, ps, I hear a certain company in California isn't so bad (I won't say which.. but I'll definitely get to brag about you!)