Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A tag of my thoughts

Cassie tagged me with this last week and I'm pretty sure you guys have had your fill of posts full of pics of Addie; so here's a slightly more philosophical post.

I am - madly in love with Sam and Addie.

I want - to know where we're going to be working after graduation; the anticipation is killing me.

I have - some time to play fable 2 today and do scrapbooking, yay!

I wish - everyone would just disable those freaking obnoxious "type the letters in the box" verification thingers. Honestly, they make me want to hit things. If you currently have one on your blog, please go to settings and disable it... I'll give you a quarter if you do!

I dislike - fabricated dance music, rap, and hip hop music. Actually probably 80% of the music that is out today makes me cringe.

I fear - what's happened to the economy. I hope that it will come back strong soon and not many more people will lose jobs, have to close their business, or lose large amounts of money.

I hear - Addie making noises that mimic those of a baby dinosaur. I have no other way to describe what they sound like.

I search - for ways to use my time well. I rarely accomplish this feat.

I wonder - if my next pregnancy/delivery/and child will be as perfectly delightful as my first.

I always - make excel spreadsheets for anything i possibly can. Im going to make a new finances one today, yippee!

I usually - dont go to sleep before 1am or wake up before 9am.

I am not - sure if we're going to go home for christmas. I'd love to see everyone at home... but I'd also like to not spend $400 on plane tickets.

I dance - for addie at least 10 times a day. She thinks I am the most talented dancer of all time and I'm not about to tell her otherwise.

I sing - constantly. I really miss my choir days, so i just walk around my house singing for no good reason now. Addie seems to like it, so i'll pretend it's for her.

I never - let poor sammy go to sleep without talking to him for a while first. Poor guy.

I rarely - take baths. I maybe take 2 a year and even then it's only if I'm sick and a bath might help me get better. I find baths to be boring and no fun in general. If i want to play in water, i'll go swimming; if i want to read, I'll do it on the front couch; if i want to get clean, I'll take a shower.

I cry - only if i'm seriously, completely, and utterly distraught; which happens maybe once a year, perhaps twice. Oh, unless you count when I watch ER, then I cry at least once a month; that show's so sad!

I am not always - as churchy as I should be.

I lose - so much time to surfing on the internet.

I'm confused - how anyone thinks that abortion isn't the murder of a sweet little baby. Especially for those who have experienced pregnancy; but later in life still think that abortion is morally sound. Honestly; you'd have to purposefully desensitize yourself pretty thoroughly to pretend that you're not killing a baby.

I need - to be better about not buying extra things that we don't "need". I've been overly spend-happy the last couple of months and I really need to re-evaluate my spending habits. No worries though, we still have lots in savings and dont have any debt... we could just be living a more frugal existence and be the better for it.

I should - make it a priority to get to our freaking early church every week. That's just really early to get myself ready, addie ready and fed, and out the door by 8:15am. Not to mention my bed is EXTRA cozy on sunday mornings.

I dream - of owning a ranch someday with sam. We will have a 4-6 kids, a couple of horses, a really big swing out back, 2 cats, one named catticus, the other catsby, a big yellow lab for sam and a little bulldog for me, and a pet pot-belly pig named minion.

I love- that I no longer commute to work so I can actually enjoy the beauty and fun of the snow this winter. Now that I dont have to chip it off of my car daily and try to drive in the mania that is snowy provo every day, I'm actually really excited for winter to come!

Tag to sam, adele, becky, jenni, jolayne & chris, kevin & candace, heather, and danielle. Just respond to the same prompts with whatever you're currently feeling/thinking.

Here's a random picture to make my post more aesthetically pleasing. My sister's friend sewed these for her family for halloween and I think it is the darn cutest and most well-executed little family ever:

9 comments:

Jenn said...

I hope someday you get your minion. Then we'll come and ride your horses.
Great post. Very thoughty.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Hey thanks for the love of my boys' costumes!

Becky said...

ohhh, thats a good tag. It will make my day easier.

The Royal Buffington's said...

hahahah...those are the best costumes EVER!!

Cassie said...

LOVE the costumes haha those are awesome! And I had fun reading your tag :)

Chris Kline said...

Very introspective post. Thanks for sharing. I like the Caticus name.

Jolayne said...

When I started blogging, I hated those fill in the box word verification things too. One day I left a comment on my own blog, and what did I find?

Jolayne said...

It doesn't make me fill out the word verification on my own blog. So sad for the rest of you.

merrilykaroly said...

I hadn't read this yet! My very favorite is your very detailed plans for your future ranch. You're great :)