
I gotta admit, fable II has some annoying user interface issues that are driving me buggy (which I'm assuming will be fixed in an update soon)... but as far as gameplay and graphics go- it has little competition (though I will never forget my love for fable I or oblivion. Bioshock had amazing graphics, but that game was just plain demented/disturbing). The coolest things about Fable II? : 1) You get a pet dog, we named ours Poe and we love him. 2) Unlike many RPGs, your actions make you good or evil and your appearance and gameplay change accordingly, as referenced in the picture above. Sam is currently evil and I am good :)
Don't worry, we're not neglecting Addie as we play our games. This is a family activity, as you can see from the following pictures:




Our console of choice is the XBOX 360. Its games have the best combination of insane graphics and great gameplay. It is more complicated to use though, but that's what gives it it's crazy cool capabilities.
The Wii is fun for parties or for kids... but it realy just isn't a console I could "get into". Sam and I only enjoy it in smaller doses. Most of the games are fluff with mediocre graphics, and the cooler games like mario galaxy... i'd really just rather play with a normal controller. We will get one someday though mainly for our kids; it's a great family console and its definitely fun in party settings.
PS3 is too expensive for what it is, and is too anime-oriented for my taste. I would love to have one though so I could play Kingdom Hearts 3 when it comes out. We just might buy one on craigslist simply to play Kingdom Hearts 3.
I will forever love the N64, I do believe it's one of the best gaming consoles of all time. Part of that is probably because I can spank pretty much anyone at any N64 game, whether they be male or female... it does not matter. I really didnt sleep much in high school when that system was released... so that probably accounts for my undying devotion to it. It was my friend during many sleepless nights lol.
We love all of our vintage consoles and games though. Sam thinks that our original NES, SNES, N64, all of their games and accessories, and all of our vintage PC games (which sam collects in their boxes) should be displayed in our lit china hutch instead of our china. He didnt quite sell me on the idea just yet though lol.
Anyway, that is my random gaming post, please dont judge us for enjoying video games. Everyone has their favorite pass times that arent productive.


6 comments:
Too cute! We don't let Daniel near the gaming systems yet for fear of the drool
ohhhhhh
Fable......
Very cute pictures. I hope miss addie is kinder to the controllers then her cousin Tyler is.
Jace likes to play a little MarioKart every now and then. :o)
that's awesome. starting her out nice and early. love it.
Way to teach her while she's young.
I agree that the wii graphics stink, for all the hype it gets.
Well, you know I'm not going to tease you about your gaming! lol. I just got Fable 2 in the mail yesterday, so I will fire it up tonight. Kev and I just Co-oped Gears 2 which was AWESOME. So much better then the first. (In my opinion). Especially playing Horde on multiplayer. :) Fun times. I love the pic of Addie with the headset. Looks like a true Burkman. :) We have plans on training our girls young too. :) I totally agree with you about the Wii. Our kids (9 and 10) love it though. I still play a game or two on it, but prefer the Xbox360. Anyhoo....Happy Gaming!
Post a Comment