Do you guys remember this addie? The one that was chubby, and you could lay her on the couch and she'd just stay there? Right where you put her? No mortal danger in sight?

How about this one, that was content to just sit in her blue chair and stare up at you for hours?

So at what point in time did that sweet little baby disappear? Where did she go? Will she ever come back? Can't I hold her again and chew on her chubby arms and cuddle her endlessly?
How, oh how is it that my little ladybug suddenly looks more like a toddler than an infant?! I'm pretty sure I got gypped somehow.
It all started to change with the crawling:


That seemed like a big change; everything about my baby-watching dynamic had to evolve. My view of Addie as a whole took a dramatic shift. She was no longer someone I could simply muse at, but also someone that I had to try to protect. She's been mobile for 2 months now and I've only just now become somewhat adept at managing a crawling, curious baby.
Her new talent she has been dedicated to perfecting for the past 2 days is already FAR surpassing any threat posed by her crawling antics. I now have a baby who pulls herself up on things, and has her mind set to mastering 2-legged transportation...



*side commentary: Aren't those just the darn cutest jammies ever?!*

To top it all off, she's got 2 teeth, with 3 more on the way!

*cue lori frantically looking for the pause button*
I honestly don't know how I can do this. 2 days ago, she was totally happy just to be crawling, but now she feels the need to try to pull herself up on EVERYTHING. She usually gets stuck on her knees, or she falls over while pulling herself up, but the few times she does manage to stand up all the way have all ended badly. She doesn't realize that her upright abilities are limited to STANDING. She's pretty sure that getting up on two legs also gives her the right to attempt walking, lunging, and jumping. I honestly am going to have a brain hemorrhage. If I don't answer my phone, it's because I'm in mourning; my carefree days of motherhood are gone.


9 comments:
Trust me, it only gets worse from here.
BTW, you have a fabulous writing style. I love it.
HA! HA!
Just wait till she starts jumping off stuff.
that last picture looks totally like sam's baby and it's freaking me out just a little...
Wel, the last picture may look like Sam, but the 5th picture looks SOO ball baby.
I can't believe how fast she is growing! I'm quite content with my slower-paced baby.
oh yeah, it definitely gets fun from here! she's growing so fast! and just be grateful you had some "care-free" days of motherhood...i've yet to experience that! ha ha! i am sorry for your loss though lori! have fun!
Oh, but she's so cute! We loved seeing you guys, even if it was for only 15 minutes!
So fun...and so crazy! I will bask in my un-mobile baby days for awhile longer. he's not going anywhere soon!
Ah Lori! How did she get so big? I wish we could all slow down time. It's just not fair that we can't go back huh? I think that about my step-children too. They were only 4 and 5 when I met them and sooo incrediably cute! Now they are 9 and 10, and I'm shopping at Zumiez! WHAT?! Autumn wants clothes and hair accesories for Christmas. SERIOUSLY?! What happened to toys and video games? ::SIGH:: Every year that passes they get more like young adults. I think I'm in mourning too!
I remember when I was pregnant and everyone told me how quickly time would pass, how fast kids change, to take lots of pictures because they learn something new each day. I kind of wrote it off, but now I know they weren't lying! I can't believe how big Addie is - think of how much she has grown and changed in such a short amount of time! One thing hasn't changed - she is still stylish and super cute!
Post a Comment