Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Silly sleeper

So... now that the novelty of Addie sitting up on her own and crawling and whatnot has kind of worn off- I've realized I've totally shirked my "take cute pics of Addie" responsibilities. I know, I know... in what sick strange world is Lori NOT taking daily pics of Addie. With all of the hubbub lately though, my love affair with taking pics of Addie has had to go on the back burner. It's December this month though, so expect plenty of new pics to be posted to make up for my lull.

Anyway, on to the topic of this post: Addie is a silly sleeper. Addie has been able to get into sitting up position on her own for exactly a month now. She is SO proud of herself and thinks that laying down in any way is totally lame and old school- sitting up is where the action is. She is CONSTANTLY crawling a ways, then sitting up to enjoy her new view, then crawling a foot, then sitting up. Over and over and over. This meant that during nap times, I'd have to go in an lay her back down and whatnot so she could fall asleep. This last week I decided that I was done with that game, and she was just going to have to figure it out on her own. Here are the results of my plan:




When I put her down for her naps, she crawls, sits, talks to herself, and plays for however long... then apparently just slumps over and falls asleep- not quite remembering to lay down before doing so. Honestly, this girl just cracks me up. She's so bendy and flexible; she doesnt seem to mind- but I always flip her feet back out for her anyway, that other way of sleeping just looks horribly wrong lol.

In other addie news: It would appear that standing and walking are the next things on her "list of things to do". She has pulled herself up on things multiple times now, and we frequently have to physically bend her in half to get her to sit down after we let her stand. The girl just loves to stand and jump. Unfortunately, she also likes to lunge at things out of her reach while standing *yar*. With all of the faceplants and bruises that crawling has elicited, I don't even want to think about her standing and walking. I'd rather her to just stay in the cute, reasonably safe mobile state she is in right now for a few more months- but who am I to blow against the wind? *props to those who know the song reference there.*

Here's one last pic of Addie. This is how I found her as she woke up from her nap the other day. Isn't she just the cutest?:

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love these pics. Addie is adorable bent in half like a pretzel :)

Danielle said...

Maybe she was like that in your tummy and is just comfortable that way (though I don't really know how - I can barely touch my toes!) She is just a cutie!!!

The Hills... said...

It was so good to see you. Addie is even cuter in person!

Becky said...

what a silly little baby. I like her. You have my permission to keep her.

merrilykaroly said...

She said "Don't I know you from the cinematographer's party?" I said "Who am I to blow against the wind?" Paul Simon! :)

Those pictures are hee-lar-ious.

And I LOVE that black heart sleeper. Love it. So cute.

Chelsy said...

Those pictures are hilarious, too cute!

eric and melea said...

I have never seen a baby do that! That is so funny, that she does it so often too. I agree with Danielle, maybe that is her version of the fetal position.

Jolayne said...

Holy cow! That doesn't look the least bit comfortable. She must really zonk when she falls asleep.

Chris Kline said...

She reminds me of a little robot who's winding mechanism has run down.

Linda said...

sit n sleep, might be a new move I could teach my kids at work?