Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

Happy new year!
All of our friends were gone, so Sam and I happily spent new years just the two of us (plus a baby). We got some shopping done and watched a movie. Because of the movie, we weren't paying attention to time too well, so we were lucky that I randomly looked at the clock when it said 11:59. We just barely had enough time to switch back to the TV to see the ball drop and whatnot. We drank some martinelli's and called ourselves officially (and rather lamely) new-yeared.
I'm realizing almost every day now that our time in provo grows short. We already had our last Utah summer and fall, and now this was our last christmas here. It's really sad, I've lived here for 8 years! Anyway, I'm trying to make sure we do all of the Utahy things we can while we're still here. This effort included going to salt lake to see the lights for the last time. We met up with our friends Becca and Rob and ate at "the pie" pizzeria (which is to die for), then bundled up to see the lights.



And here's Addie to wish you a happy new year:


Here are some random dates that today being 2009 made me realize:
  • Addie will more than likely graduate from high school in 2026
  • If she gets married when she's 22, she will be married in 2030.
  • The current life expectancy in the US is 78, so Addie *fingers crossed* could easily live to see 2086!!!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Good pics. As I said before, I LOVE the new siggy. Happy new year!

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

Okay, so I messed up my last comment and deleted it. lol. Good way to bring in the new year! lol. ANYHOO! Happy New Year to the Burkmans! I am glad you are doing all the wonderful seasonal things Utah has to offer. I new chapter in your life is about to begin, and I for one am excited for you!! You all look so beautiful and happy! I am glad you spent the new year with the ones you love. 2009 looks to be a BIG year for both our families. God bless you, and shower you with love and protection this year!

Danielle said...

Wishing you and your cute family a happy and healthy new year!

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris and Megan said...

As much as I'd like to get out of Utah, it really is sad to think about the stuff that you won't have when you move!! The pics are so cute of your little fam. We never made it up altogether to Salt Lake to see the lights...

Becky said...

Happy New year!
at least you werent mid halo game at midnight and just kinda lamely announced it over team chat lol.
Cute pictures. I miss the temple square lights. Last time I was there was when the Uruk- hai were roaming the grounds looking for Halflings.