Sunday, January 18, 2009

Videos!

Okay, I hope you all appreciate some video action, because it literally took me about 6 hours today to find the right cords and get our recently-reformatted computer and laptop to accept our camcorder, not crash while uploading the video, and actually correctly save the video files. They are officially up and running now though, so hooray!

First: Here is addie demonstrating her approach to eating Cheerios. As you can see, she starts off doing the classic pincer grasp, but quickly decides that there is a better, more efficient way. She even makes a "chomp" noise.



Second: This is probably boring to some, but I just LOVE how happy and cute Addie is every time she wakes up. She is just thrilled and excited to play again after her happy sleeps. No grumpy wake-up baby here, she's all smiles.



Third: I was eating ramen noodles the other day. Addie was VERY interested in them and definitely wanted in on the action. I was being selfish though and was only planning on giving her the tiny noodles that are always leftover at the end. Halfway through my cup though, she started making this hilarious smacky poppy noise every time I'd slurp up my long noodles. I put my noodles down and made the noise back to her, and it became a new game. She does it all the time now to get our attention or just to play.



Fourth: Addie's been walking along the edges of things for about 3 weeks now, though she's only gotten really proficient at it in the last week and a half or so. She can go from point A (the couch) to point B (the ottoman) if the objects are under 2 feet apart rather easily. I've even caught her standing completely on her own while playing with a toy a couple of times. She doesnt realize she's doing it, really she just wanted both hands to play with her toy. When she does realize she can free-stand, I'm pretty sure she'll combine that with her current walking attempts and I'll just go nuts with worry lol.
Anyway, for the video... she kept getting distracted when I tried to video tape her cruising abilities, so I decided to put out a form of bait that I KNEW she couldn't resist. As you can see, it worked pretty well.

7 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

Six hours! That's never fun...

Addie is a cutie. I love her big ol' smile :) And what is it with babies and laptops??!!

Becky said...

I didnt know Addie was Cruising! Why didnt you tell me this!
Those videos are too cute. Almost the cutest videos posted on a blog this week... Almost ;)

Jenn said...

Cute videos! She's getting so big!

Miller Family said...

Dang, she is getting so big! Seriously where does the time go. She is such a cute, happy baby. Thanks for sharing! Btw I think her approach to eating Cheerios is very efficient.

DasBoogs said...

Six hours? Bah! It took me DAYS to archive blogs and no one appreciates my efforts but I do. So I totally know how you feel. I love how expressive and happy Addie is. She just seems like one of those babies who takes in everything in the world around her and totally enjoys her life! Of course if you were my mom I'd probably be pretty happy too, so... yeah. :P

Dalene said...

I love how, in the one where she is "smacking" she puts her hand up on her cheek at the end :)

I hope I have a baby as happy as her someday!

Cassie said...

I love the smacking one, and the one where she wakes up :) The actor playing the girl at her youngest,on Benjamin Button, totally reminded me of Addie.