Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our trip home

My friend Heather is having twin girls soon (shout out to heather!) and her baby shower was this last weekend. She was way sweet and helped throw me my Vancouver baby shower last January, so I made sure to make it home for her big day (plus I love her times ten and wanted to see her anyway). It was WAY fun to see her and our friends from high school. Unfortunately, I didnt get any pics with just her because she was opening presents and I didn't want to pull her away from the festivities. Here's a cute group shot we got though:

And here are some cute pics of Addie and my friend Melea's son Eli:

Me, Addie, Eli, and my BFF Melea:

The first day I was home, my sister Becky was way sweet and took me to the zoo so I could see the new baby elephant. It was like 28 degrees outside so we didnt stay way too long. I definitely had fun though, and I think Addie enjoyed her first trip to the zoo.





My sister Becky's baby turned one this month and she was nice and threw his birthday party while I was in town so I could be there. It was way fun! He went to town on his lego cake.

Here are me and Addie at the birthday party:


So, due to the general grossness of dogs, I usually get wigged out by pics of babies playing with dogs and getting licked and whatnot. Rusty (Sam's parent's Australian Shepherd) LOVED Addie and she loved him right back and they were rather inseparable while I was staying at the Burkmans. I basically had to concede and 1) get over my dog germ + baby phobia 2) let her play with him and 3) take some pics.



The rest of the pics from our trip can be seen at the January album.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Im glad you came to see us! It was fun taking you to the zoo. I miss your baby.

Jenn said...

The dog thing seems really gross until you see it in person and realize how very sweet and adorable it is:)

Phillips Family said...

I eat cake like your nephew...ironic.

merrilykaroly said...

My fave picture is the one of Addie and Eli. Tell Eli not to get any ideas, though, and tell Addie not to forget who her one true love is!!!!!

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

I'm so glad you were able to come to my baby shower. I wish I didn't look like a bloated whale, but I guess that's what 8 months prego with twins does to a woman. lol. Love ya to bits!!

Alan and Kiersten said...

what a fun shower! everyone looks so great! especially heather! she looks just beautiful! and i'm totally with you on the dog issue. hate dogs around brilynn. ha ha. i can't help it. :) looks like a fun trip!!

DasBoogs said...

Lego cake. Eew. Messy. Blue dye. Stains. Mother's nightmare.

Re.: dog licking.
Welcome to the dark side. You might hate the germs and what not but dogs mouths are pretty clean considering and kids seem to love them. Addie needs a pug now.