Sunday, February 27, 2011

Art from the Heart

     I have enjoyed painting since I was a teenager and though it’s not too often that I take the time to do it, I really enjoy the process and am usually happy with the results.
     In the past, I have mostly painted ceramics, then the first time I did something on canvas was for Addie’s nursery. That turned out pretty well for a first try, so I decided to try my hand at something for our room.
     I had a very specific idea for what I wanted above our bed and I was pretty sure I could execute it. I painted it free-hand (no drawing or stencils), and was very happy that it turned out exactly as I had hoped. This bodes well for my willingness to take on future painting projects.

8 canvases, 9x12 each
Acrylic paint
Dark brown on white



    Honestly, I definitely know that this isn’t an amazing work of art. Nor is it complex in any way. It’s just simple and pretty and completes the room and that’s what I wanted. It added that personal touch that our room was lacking and I hope it’s something my family will love for a long time.

1 comment:

merrilykaroly said...

Wow, without drawing it out first! You are a brave woman. I agree that it adds that personal touch and looks absolutely perfect. I just need to come see your whole house in person now.