When we first got married, we decided not to buy any bedroom furniture until we bought a house and could buy a really nice set we’d want to keep forever. It didn’t make sense to buy such big, bulky furniture when we’d know we’d be moving often and also weren’t sure how much space we’d have when we settled down. It really stunk that our bedroom was always the most uninspiring and boring room of the whole house, but there was a dream in my head of how it would look one day. That day, my friends, has come!
I’ve never been able to design a room from the floor up before and I have to admit that I have LOVED this process. We chose the carpeting and had it installed when when we moved in, then wound up putting the tv and entertainment center up there last year when we got a new one for downstairs. I’ve always loved our entertainment center for that TV and I started to think of how I could build a room around it.
I love clean, contemporary lines and I wanted something personal and unique to us. I actually love funkier, brighter colors and vintage funk as well; but that just wasn’t in the cards for this room- I didn’t feel it! I was feeling steely blues against beige and brown with white as an accent. I know it looks differently in pictures due to lighting and camera things, so here’s a swatch of what the colors actually are. Assuming your monitor is set the same as mine, these should be steel-colored blues, a birch color (our trim and doors), and chocolate milk (our carpet).
Here’s how it looked before:
Here is the finished product!
The one above shows that we actually do have natural light in our room, but the one below is truer to how the colors look: 
Our bathroom, shower, and closet are back behind that door. I haven’t painted the bathroom yet so it doesn’t get pictured :)
My new room is making me all kinds of happy, I just want to live up here. I spent tons of time up here now and can definitely say that the soothing colors and beautiful new furniture have made my head a happier, calmer place. It took a long time and tons of work to get this room finished, but I am ever so happy with the result.







6 comments:
uuuugh I just left you a massive comment about how much i loved all your color schemes, art, furniture and overall taste and it didn't save for some reason. anyway it looks super amazing- you have a great eye and talent for interior design. did you consult someone, use online resources or are you just that talented that you could figure it all out for yourself and get it right the first try?!! man, i love it all. we have pretty similar tastes and color preferences too i think. and i LOVE the art above your bed, it looks awesome- great job!!
Oh it is the worst when things disappear like that! Thanks so much for taking the time all the same. It was a ton of work so it's nice to hear that other people think it looks good.
We didn't have any professional consultations or anything. I do like to watch HGTV to keep current on new ideas and whatnot though. Mostly this was all just coming up with a theme, piecing it together, then working to get it all done!
I love all of the rooms you redecorated! They look so great! I've been working on the same thing. I love it and hate it at the same time because I know we won't be staying in this house for more than a few years. At least I get to enjoy it while I'm here. It's amazing what paint on the walls and color coordinated bedding, drapes, art and accessories can do. It definitely makes for much happier wives! Love it!
LOVE the wall the headboard is on! and the pictures with the tree just closes the deal :)
I love the color scheme you chose - and I really love the stripes on the wall! Looks great, you guys! The art you did looks perfect in that spot - what a great touch!
Those stripes look so good. I agree that soothing, more subtle colors are better for the long term because what if you did something funky and then got tired of it a couple months later? Your bed is sooo nice. Was it worth the wait? ;)
Post a Comment