Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tiny Dancer

     Addie has started dance classes! There is a ballet academy right by our house and she has been taking for 6 weeks now. Her first recital is in June and I can’t wait! Cuteness will abound, I’m sure of it.
     She’s in a 2.5-3 year old class, so they aren’t doing anything too intense or difficult. They do some basic foot and arm positions, put their toes to their knees while free-standing, and learn to do tip-toes and different types of prancing while they mimic animals. They practice more active skills like somersaults, hopping, and jumping as well. There's definitely plenty of "imagine you're a princess or a fairy" time in which they prance around with ribbons or pom poms in their hands. She absolutely LOVES her class and asks pretty much every day if today is a dance day.

     Here’s a little sample of what they do. Addie wasn’t paying attention the first round, but the second time through is a pretty good representation of her mad skills :) You’ll need to make it full screen and make sure that the HD feature is turned on to see her well at all; she is the one in the black and bright pink.


     This is only slightly dance-related, but it is super cute. It's obviously 2 months old (the christmas tree makes it so I can't pretend it's current), but I only just got it off of the big camcorder so it's going to be included in here. I was finishing dinner and noticed that Addie was dancing with Simon to the music at the end of Mickey Mouse Funhouse. It was SOOOO sweet! I only caught the tale end of her doing it, but here it is all the same:


9 comments:

Jenn said...

So flippin cute! And I do think you should post that video of her dancing with simon from christmas. It was that cute. Tell everyone I made you do it.

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!! Lori, I have to say, your kids are practically perfect in every way! I LOVED getting to meet them in person and see you again! So fun! What a cute, cute, sweet and funny little girl Addie is!

Becky said...

I wonder how Tyler would look in a tutu, because Im insanely jealous seeing addie in hers.

Alan and Kiersten said...

dang that's the cutest thing EVER! i love it!! she seriously has some mad skills!

kevandcan said...

So cute. Ashley and Addie would be best friends.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

So cute. Love little girls in their ballet gear.

Phillips Family said...

Wow, can't believe how quickly she has grown up...and she is at a fun age. Dance your heart out!!

Danielle said...

Too cute!!! She's beautiful and full of personality!

merrilykaroly said...

Maybe I'm a little biased, but Addie seems to be the most talented dancer in that class. No offense to the other young ballerinas, of course. :)

Soooo fun! That picture of her in the green hoodie and leggings is sooo cute.

Can I have a girl? Pleeease? Maybe I'll just borrow yours.

(and the video at the end is so precious it made me laugh out loud with delight :)