Our master bedroom has an en suite area that can be used as a sitting area or office. For us, we made it an office and we absolutely love having it in our bedroom. It was pretty tidy when we first moved in and suited us quite nicely:
Unfortunately, after Simon took our spare room for his nursery, our office area turned into this: 
It was apparent that this area needed some serious attention, so off to Ikea we went!
It took some serious planning and building, but we are SOOOO happy with how it turned out. My life is a better place due to the organization in my office now! Here is the final result: 
We want our instruments to always be accessible and in plain view or we won’t ever remember to play them. Having kids poses problems to this scenario though, since their grubby, curious hands can be a bad combination with expensive instruments. Our guitars and banjo had previously been in on the floor in our office, but we knew they needed a better spot. Our solution was to mount them on the wall in our upstairs hallway. Addie can still reach them, but the odds for damage have been slimmed considerably. I totally love seeing them there every day and have been playing more as a result.








4 comments:
I have bedroom/office envy! It's all gorgeous!!!
I must say I'm a little jealous of the floor to ceiling shelves and storage! I can hardly wait until we can change our play room into an office...and don't be surprised if it looks just like yours because I love it!
I love everything you did! That nook in your bedroom is handy, and the storage you put in looks great.
I love the before/after of that nook. The continuity of having one large piece of furniture makes all the difference. It looks really terrific.
Post a Comment