Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And now for something completely different

       So ummmm, I decided I was completely and utterly bored of myself, my hair, and my looks in general. The other night I spent an hour and twenty minutes getting ready and was rather upset to finish up and realize I only looked slightly better than I did before I put the effort in. Honestly, I've never spent so much time primping to only wind up looking barely mediocre.
       Knowing I can do nothing to fix my fat, pregnant, not-cute-in-whatever-I-wear condition, I decided to turn my focus to parts of me I could change. This led to the following conclusion: I must look so lame because blonde is boring and I don't like my haircut anymore.
       So a call to my stylist and 4 hours of dyeing and cutting later... this is the result:


       I think that I just like my sister Becky so much, my inner spirit tricked me into dyeing my hair and getting bangs so I could look exactly like her (my new hair is a lot more red than it appears in the picture). In reality, I'm pretty sure that my sister Becky pulls it off better.
       The consensus? Despite his best efforts to tell me "i'm just not used to such a big change", I can definitely tell that sam's not a fan. I'm fine with the color, but I'm still not giving the whole look an overall "thumbs up".
       Anyway, this is what happens when pregnant girls get complacent and bored. It's going to lighten up and the red's going to fade drastically in the next week or two, so I'll post pics again then when everything's closer to the color I was originally shooting for.
       Oh, and here's a belly shot, it had been a while since I'd taken any at home.

8 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

oh I like it. maybe I am just a fan of red. you look cute!

Becky said...

I love the color, but Im biased. I really think the darker shade is way flattering.

Danielle said...

Cute hair, cute belly and really cute shirt (I heart green and stripes)!

Jenn said...

Well, you know my opinion on hair-dying, but I think it turned out well. It's a good shade of red. I'm sure you'll grow to love it.

Lance said...

I like it but I seriously think it would mess me up if Jen dyed her hair. That's not to say I wouldn't like it but just to give a little more ammunition for Sam's case. Going from blonde to a darker/different color can seriously weird you out.

Jolayne said...

Great change. Everybody needs a good makeover once in awhile.

The Royal Buffington's said...

I did the same thing when I was about 7 or 8 months pregnant and dyed a big blonde streak in my hair.

VoNique said...

I think it's super cute!