I was tagged by kiersten downey for a 7 quirks post, so here it is:
1) I am afraid of kangaroos, grasshoppers, and seeing fish from an underwater view, especially big ones. Thinking of big fish can sometimes make me weak in the knees as well. Kangaroos, because I saw a pair of them get in a fight before and it was ruthless... nothing cuddly about those ugly dudes. Grasshoppers, because I got attacked by a swarm of them when I was picking strawberries once. And the underwater thing... that's just one of those random freakout weaknesses for which I dont have a good explanation.
2) I believe that aggressive shadow people live in my house and have plans of attacking me at night. I make sam close every door and closet in our room every night to keep the shadow people out. Though I know that they were really just hallucinations I had back during my sordid love affair with ambien- it doesnt change the impact they had on my sense of security and reality. You don't need to be high on ambien to be keenly aware of the threat that shadow people pose.
3) I refuse to call BYU Idaho anything other than Ricks, and Utah Valley University (UVU) anything other than UVSC.
4) I spend an embarrassing amount of time on baby boards. Pregnancy.org has been a huge help to my new little family, and I have high hopes for justmommies.com which I just joined. My name is Loriloo if anyone wants to find me.
5) I get all giddy thinking about dolling addie up when she's older and being her personal stylist (since we all know she's going to be a hottie). I truly love cutting and styling hair and doing other people's make up. I wasnt ever really trained in the craft, but at the level I do it, it really mostly just takes confidence and logic to produce the desired result. When I was single, I cut hair all the time, boys mostly- but girls too- and I totally had "regulars" who enjoyed my services and came to me weekly or monthly. I dont have an error-free history (sorry mitch...), but in general people seemed quite happy and satisfied. Now that I'm married though, I only really get to cut sam's hair, which- in all honesty- isnt nearly as fun. He did let me do his makeup once, but since I promised to never divulge that secret, I'll just leave it at that. So now I cling to dreams of addie and her friends letting me play with their hair and makeup all the time.
6) I have a weakness for curse words. I totally HATE it when people use them worthlessly in everyday conversation and I also dont approve of vulgarity... but I also believe that in rare cases, the word "butt" doesnt describe a large woman's [insert explicative] all that accurately, and the word "witch" just doesnt really work when talking about certain females or pansy boys. I find the term "he's being an asshat" particularly entertaining. It's a problem that I desperately try to keep in check, but if I drop something in your presence and mumble "damn it" under my breath, please do not take it personally or judge too harshly; everyone has their sticky vices that haunt them. In turn, I also hate it when people say things like "shut-the-front-door" or other coverup phrases that attempt to channel the power of explicative phrases. If you choose not to swear, then that is admirable; but please dont make up retarded filler terms so make yourself feel like you're still part of the action- you're really just embarrassing yourself.
7) I like to pretend that if Joni Mitchel, the members of CSNY, billy joel, jack white, or ben folds were to meet me in real life- they'd like me and we'd be bffs.
Instead of tagging other people... I think it'd be fun for people to leave their own quirks as comments. Quirks are fun. If you'd like to post an actual 7 quirks on your own blog, I'll be more than happy to read them and leave an appreciative comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I would simply say " I love you loo" but I tend to say that too much. I didnt know you were afraid of Kangaroos. Remember the Cricket in your bedroom. That still makes me laugh.
I totally agree with number three, and I could have wrote number six (but I probably would have sworn more in it)
Kangaroos, eh? They aren't so bad - especially with a bit of BBQ sauce. :-)
Can't say I enjoy swearing in any form and I feel uncomfortable around those who do swear - regardless of the situation.
Yea, BYU Idaho is forever Ricks. I didn't know UVSC had changed their name.
A Kevin quirk? I am --slightly-- obsessed with manners - I get annoyed when we have kids over who say "I want..." "Give me...", etc. My poor kids, I constantly drill into them the "May I have's, Please can I's, and Thank you's." I just hope they don't grow up with some odd-ball psychological issue because their father insisted on these phrases in practically everything they do. :-)
Another quirk - I like it when we have guests over and they offer to help with the dishes. It drives me --again, slightly-- bonkers when they just eat and then plop on my couch and watch me wash their plate...they don't have to do the dishes mind you, but I do appreciate the gesture.
Fun post. I'll post my own quirk post.
I tripped out on Ambian once too!! I was days away from my due date and the midwife gave me a super low dose to help me get a good night sleep. Well, I do not remember any of this, but my mom and eric claim I was crying and yelling for help and had to be held for hours til I fell asleep!! Crazy huh? If I would have known how crazy that drug is I would have NEVER taken it pregnant?!
Oh, i totally feel for you melea- LOL. Exactly what you described was me every single night for the first 4 months of my marriage. I'm still shocked and amazed that sam stuck with me.
The curse thing works for me, too. Yesterday night when we were biking, I couldn't get my foot out of the stirrup fast enough after I failed to make it to the top of a steep incline. Of course, I fell into the bushes. A very proper use of "damn," you see. :-)
As if you needed clarification, but I apparently made that last post under Jolayne's name. Damn.
rofl
Rats... I kind of liked the idea of jo swearing. I think i'll maintain my image of jo falling into a bush and saying "damn it". It just makes me smile.
It's fun to read all these things about you :)
Post a Comment