The list of Addie's most recent developments:
1) For the last month and a half, Addie has realize she has hands and has been sucking on them, grabbing everything in sight, and pulling things to her mouth and playing with them. She totally actually "plays" with whatever she can get her hands on and it's too cute. She also loves to talk and smile ALL the time. Here's a video of her playing with freddie the firefly, then talking to me and smiling all about how fun life is. These were taken a few weeks ago, so she's much better at these things now- but this is how it all began. Please ignore my totally dorky voice.
2)She found her legs too! She's constantly kicking, flexing, and standing to work her legs every chance she gets. This has led to rather rambunctious bathtaking, as you can see in our video. Make sure to watch through the end, at about 33 seconds is when she does her big finale of kicks and arm flailing. We put a cloth on her to make the video more appropriate for mass audiences.
3) Her new awareness of all of her limbs has led to learning new tricks. Just this last week she has learned how to roll over and has discovered she has feet! She loves to lay on her back and grab at her feet and suck on them if at all possible.
4) Addie graduated from binkies and swaddling during sleep time about 4 weeks ago. We just put her in her crib on her belly and she talks to herself for a while and usually falls asleep on her own, though we frequently need to pat her back for a while to seal the deal at night time. Now that she's learned to roll over though, you can see we have a big problem on our hands:
This little girl is SO excited about playing all the time that it's hard to convince her that nap time is a time for anything other than talking, rolling, playing with feet, and sucking on blankets. I'm totally confused as to where to go from here, but I suppose I'll figure it out soon enough.
5) One last big achievement for Addie: she had her first real laugh! I was at work picking up my things to start my contract writing this week. Addie was looking at me intently while my coworker was holding her. All of the sudden her whole face lit up with a big ol' smile, and she started to let out peals of real baby laughter for a whole 30 seconds+. It was the most adorable thing I'd ever heard! They weren't her usually talks and grunts that mean she's giggling, they were actual beautiful angel laughs and they just melted my heart.
So those are all of Addie's new tricks! I hope the videos work for you and you can see just how cute and active she has become. Now that I have figured out how to get video onto the computer and online, I'll try to post more of them more often. Hooray for baby Addie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
wow, that's one smart little developy girl. Can't wait to see Daniel do some of these things in a few weeks.
Yay for baby milestones!
That is the bestest blog! Gotta adore her!
She is so cute. You have my sympathies on the bedtime fun. We are just getting over that. If its not one thing, it seems to be another keeping them up at night lol.
I love your videos. Nice work
What a talented little girl! I would be proud and posting all that info too :) Soon enough!!
I think that laughs (and smiles, for that matter) make everything everything everything soooo worth it.
Isn't it crazy how fast they change and learn knew things? Congrats on all of the firsts/milestones. She is sure a cute and HAPPY baby!
It was so good to talk to you...Addie is so stinkin cute. I loved the videos. She sure can kick.
Post a Comment