Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Addie's first ever attempts at talking, and she calls me MOM!!!

So... I am lucky enough that during Addie's newly-entered babbling phase, I happen to be the highlight of all of her conversations, as you can tell from these videos.

Addie performs much better when there isnt a camcorder in her face, so I had to be sneaky to capture her in her natural element. To do this, I snuck into her nursery unseen with just an audio recorder to record the sounds she makes when she wants me to come get her from the nursery. Since this is only an audio file, I thought that adding a pic to it might help the overall presentation, plus it made it easy to load onto youtube. Just imagine her little mouth below the front of the crib is talking as you listen. At about 7 seconds she says MOM really clearly.


Aren't those just crazy cute?! That's all I hear when I put her down into her crib for a nap, or when she wakes up and is calling me from the nursery. "Mom mom mum mom mum ma mom bwa ha ba wum mum." Over and over again, it's just too precious! Frequently to get my attention, all of the sudden she'll call up to me from the floor where she was playing and say, MOM!!! I just makes my heart all squishy and happy every time.

Now, I do realize Addie has no idea that what she is mumbling has anything to do with me personally- but I love it all the same. Subconsciously, my daughter must love me and that's why the only words he mouth loves to say are mom and mum ( and sometimes bwa ha ba wum, but that doesn't count). Whether she knows it or not, she has found the #1 way to make a new mommy happy and proud of her daughter.

9 comments:

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

That just makes my heart melt. She loves her mommy so much! How wonderful you have those moments recorded Lori. What a special thing to look back on.

Alan and Kiersten said...

that is so SWEET! brilynn has said mom (or something along those lines) a few times, but she's a Da-da, dad...kinds girl...i keep trying for the mom to become the major focus, but i still love to hear her talk (even if she has no idea what she's saying!) it's so fun! love the videos of addie!

Anonymous said...

Lori! It's Maria (His Mrs) from JM! I love the videos you took, she's so adorable!

What a happy moment it is when they say "Mom" for the first time. :)

Jack hasn't said it yet though.. :(

Allie said...

thats ridiculously cute!! She is so adorable!

Jenn said...

So cute, so cute. Unless Daniel associates a "aa-hooo" with me, I'm not going to have him talking to me specifically any time soon:).

Miller Family said...

Oh I can't wait to hear that, you are so lucky!

merrilykaroly said...

super cute!!!!

jr. says mama, dada, and gaga. as long as he says mama more than dada, I'll be happy :). Don't tell big Josh though.

Callie said...

You must be one proud mama!

Cindy said...

that's so cute! of course she loves you! you're a great mom! hope you are having a wonderful day.