Sunday, October 12, 2008

Addie's now officially "mobile"!

So... 4 days ago (exactly on her 5 1/2 month old mark), addie started doing more than just the normal "baby scoot". I noticed she was actually actively pulling herself forward and trying to use her feet at the same time. Just 2 days later... she was moving toward objects 4+ feet away and getting to them. Yesterday (day 3 of crawlfest 2008), she started totally cruising, check it out!

I SOOO would have posted this video yesterday, but my computer randomly refused to upload video and not even my computer whiz husband could fix it, so I had to wait *grumble grumble*. To tide me over until we could get a video online, we video conferenced with both sets of grandparents today and addie crawled on cue for them. I was so glad that she performed on demand so well- I hate it when babies refuse to show off their tricks!
Anyway, she's already improved even since yesterday. She's using her legs a lot more, and she army crawled all the way across our front room over to me while I was doing the laundry today. When I'm on the computer in the office, she's in a new place every time I look down. She's also started tossing her toys a foot or so away, then crawling up to them over and over again. I just can't believe how quickly she went from "now she can roll both ways" to "nearly crawling". What happened to my tiny newborn?!
So wish us luck! I dont even know where to start baby-proofing our house, and I suppose I'll need to drop her crib down a level now. I gotta admit, this is all rather overwhelming to deal with at once. I'm going to need to up my "mommy attentiveness" skills considerably now that I have this mobile monkey on my hands!

7 comments:

Callie said...

Go Addie! Hopefully she doesn't drive you crazy, getting into things.

P.S. I really like your new hair-do! It totally fits you.

Danielle said...

Way to go, Addie! And Happy Babyproofing, Lori! :o) Just wait until she starts walking and can use her hands to get into and open everything! It's a fun stage, but you'll want to pull your new pretty hair out!

Alan and Kiersten said...

yay addie! that is SO cute! it is pretty overwhelming when they start moving but i love it! everyone said crawling is the worst stage but i think it's totally fun! way to go addie! good luck lori! :)

merrilykaroly said...

Wow! Way to go Addie!

Becky said...

Way to go Addie!
Welcome to a whole new world of parenting loo. ;)

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how much she is doing. Seriously. I can't. Tave isn't even rolling. I will just thank my lucky stars since now your life is going to get busier! :P SHe is darling. And I love the new do. You look great!

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

Look at her go! Three cheers for Addie! She is such a stinkin cutie!!