The doctor agreed that she looks very healthy and that her unchubbiness is in no way a concern; but to make sure to feed her tons so she can keep up with her activity level and height.
So here are her latest stats:

So 9 months later and my babymoon period with Addie still hasnt ended. She just becomes more fun all of the time and makes it so easy to be her parent and take care of her. Before she was born, I heard countless "parenting is hell" stories from people and they got me all psyched out that it was going to be this trying, sanity-losing period of our life. Even when she was younger, people would say "Oh, well she's nice and mellow and cute now- but just wait until she's teething!", or something comparable to ensure me that bad times are right around the corner. But she's stayed her sweet, well-mannered, happy self despite teething or colds or growth spurts. Obviously she has her moments that she is tired or hungry or just wants to be held, but those are few and far between and they are easily remedied with some food or a nap. I guess as a whole, there have only been a handful of "this is way hard!" moments vs. the over-flowing buckets of "being a mommy rocks!" moments.
We honestly have so much fun together. She talks to me all day long now, and does the FUNNIEST things that just crack me up. She also loves to make that smacking noise at me to get my attention, then waits until I respond with a similar noise. She does that CONSTANTLY, then smiles with glee. She's nearly always clapping now too, which is way cute. It is pesky how quickly she can move, how far she can reach, and just how much trouble she can get into now that she is so mobile (she's learned to open drawers and cabinets)- but the all peskiness is usually canceled out by motherly pride at all of her new tricks.
I also heard from a lot of people to be prepared for my relationship with Sam to change. That we would fight more, be easily annoyed with each other, and just more irritable in general. Perhaps those moments will come when we have multiple kids and more chaos in our lives, but Addie definitely hasn't brought any of that about. If anything, we're even happier now than we were before because we have a cute baby to poke and play with, and we get to see the other one be a parent and all of the warm squishy feelings that come with that.
Anyway, here's a toast to parenthood and to babies and how wonderful and meaningful they make our lives.
Here's Addie chaneling Captain Hook while showing off her new silly, toothy grin:

Helping with the dishes:

Sweet sleeping pic:

A few new pics are up.


8 comments:
I love the eyelashes. Cool pic.
Lori, I totally agree with you. It seems like some people are just so negative about child-rearing. The positives outweigh the negatives a million to one! It's not always a picnic in the park, but it is sooo rewarding!!
You're a good mommy :)
And wow! Her teeth! I guess I haven't seen her recently enough to have seen those!! Looove the sleeping pic.
Lori, your blog is so fancy! You'll have to tell me how you did it! I so enjoyed all the pics too. What a beautiful family you have!
Beautiful photos, you must have an awesome camera;). I really do love the eyelashes- great depth of field.
I'm guaranteed that Kent and I will murder each other lol
isn't it funny how willing people are to tell you how hard your life is going to be and all the unpleasant things to look forward to, vs. the great things about motherhood that completely overshadow the harder things!? it blows my mind sometimes. i feel the same way, life is much better and happier now!! :) she is such a pretty little girl! nice work! :)
Happy 9 months! Don't worry too much about the weight - we went through the same thing (and still are) - we're just on our own little growth curve. Adjustable waist pants are totally cool for long and lean babies, and Target has a really cute selection! I'm glad things are going so well for you guys. Great pics - your daughter is simply adorable!
WOO HOO!!! I can't get over what a little ham she is though! She is too much of a character! OH I have those same blue cups in the dishwasher! Target! WOO! I have that same problem though with Charlie eating 24/7 and burning all the calories. He's like his dad though, he can eat and eat and not gain and I gained 5 lbs just now discussing food in a comment. Hehe.
Post a Comment