Okay, I lost my plug on saturday (if you dont know what that is, dont ask lol), and I've been to L&D 3 times now with no luck. As of Saturday I was at 3.5+ cm, 90% effaced. Since then I've had several bouts of contractions and cramps, but nothing that ever led up to anything. I'm so sick of this guessing game- it's too much to take!!!
Today, ive been having increasingly uncomfortable/hurty contractions for 4 hours now, bad cramps that are consuming my entire stomach, and I went to the midwife. She said i'm at 4.5 cm or so, but not to get my hopes up too much because of my history. She said she wouldn't really consider me "in labor" until I'm at a 7+ (lucky me).
We've done a few long walks, and though walking definitely makes me contract hard and whatnot, it hurts like a mo-fo and doesnt seem to be the best remedy for my particular situation. Long walks usually help induce labor for girls whose baby's havent dropped yet because it helps position the baby and get things moving. But my baby's definitely dropped already, which is why I'm pretty sure the long walks didn't help out much. I tried spicy food yesterday, but I only made it past 4 mouthfulls of grotesque hotsauce and called it quits. It was SO gross and painful, I couldnt take it. Who on earth actually enjoys horrifically spicy food is probably mentally unbalanced in my opinion, it was just horrible.
I just can't stand any more cramps and contractions or wondering: "is this the real deal, oh maybe not, oh wait yeah, that one hurt bad... maybe it is!" - so I'm calling my baby's bluff and I just downed 4 tablespoons of castor oil. When my older sister had my same stats, castor oil put her into full gear and gave her a baby within 8 hours with 3 of her 4 kids- so here's hoping!!! Wish me luck (or pity, whichever ultimately applies).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Woah! Hold your horses you're supposed to wait till the 20th! J/K! I hate having to wait!
Oh, I was so going to say that I don't recommend the castor oil. Not because I ever took it, but because I've only heard horror stories about it (you know the kind they like to tell pregnant women). Then I got to the end of your post and you'd already taken it. Here's hoping it works for you. But really, though, you should wait until tomorrow...it's an even-numbered day.
Now that I think about it, a pregnant, in-labor woman might not be in the mood for my humor. So if you're not, just skip to the next comment. ;)
Lori, have patience! Your baby will come when it is fully developed and ready. You aren't even close to your due date. You are going down a scary path of inducing labor before she is ready and could put her in distress and you on the fast track to emergency c-section. They tried to induce my mom before she was due with my sister because she was dialated the same as you. The induction made my sister have a bowel movement (marconium) and she was rushed in for a c-section. Please, please, please let it happen naturally.
I was about 3 cen. for a good three weeks before I delivered. Do the natural stuff like walking and sex- they are safe and more fun :)
n
that last comment was from eli :)
Well, castor oil is on the list of "natural ways to induce labor", it's not like I'm asking for a pitocin drip or anything- I wouldnt even consider it. As far as my baby's concerned, she'll just think I just had some bad, bad chinese or something. If this doesnt work today, I'm not going to push the issue, but long walks and whoopi at this point are definitely not fun or working, and the contractions are just killing me- i'm just hoping the castor oil will be enough to get me into the final stage. If not, I'll just keep waiting...
I guess I qualify as mentally unbalanced. The spicier the better. I even had a few Koreans commenting that the food I was eating was too spicy. I like sweating while I eat. ;)
Best of luck to you with the baby. If she's ready to come, the castor oil will only help it along. If she isn't, the castor oil will just run through your system and give you an uncomfortable night on the john. Castor oil doesn't induce labor, it merely acts as a catalyst if the time is right.
I'm with you - spicy just meant more TUMS for me, not a baby! I've heard a few good results with the castor oil, so I hope it work for you! If not, at least your system will be cleansed. Hang in there! She'll come when she's ready, but I sure hope it's sooner and not later. :o)
Sorry to sound all hard coming down on you, I know exactly what you are feeling and I'm just looking out for you guys! Those first few days after she is born, you will give ANYTHING to have her back in your tummy so you all can sleep.Can't wait to see this little one!
Post a Comment