Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Come on baby!

Our baby is officially "full-term" today at 37 weeks, so there's no problem in delivering anytime now (so if anyone has been praying for our baby to last until 40 weeks...37 is the magic number....37!)

Today is the day I predicted for delivery, so I'm trying to give her every chance of being born today. Does anyone have any mystical old-wives tips for getting a baby to deliver sooner? We've tried hot sauce, making whoopees, parsley, and a long walk... but nothing has been too successful. Any ideas??

5 comments:

Shakes said...

Castor Oil mixed in with your favorite beverage (for flavor).

Nicole said...

A really warm bath??? I think that's what someone suggested..never tried it though. Getting your membranes stripped...although I think she's already lost the plug?? so maybe not...
Good luck. I won't wish 10 more days on Lori just so I can win. :P
We're thinking about you guys constantly!!! Good luck!!

Becky said...

yeah, what shakes said.

Sam said...

I'm been tickling her more...but that just seems to make her need to pee more often... so I think that one is out :)

Dalene said...

My aunt told me to run a hot bath, and get a BIG glass of red wine and drink it (really past the point of it harming the baby). I guess most women have gone into labor within 24 hours.