Well, I had a pretty bad night of non-labor last night. In fact, I felt so beat up from it today that even working from home on my laptop while fully reclined was too tiring for my tummy. I finally admitted defeat and decided to start my maternity leave.
This only helped me to realize that the odds of me enjoying the concert to any extent were slim to none. Sam also was still not sold that going to the concert was worth all the risks involved; nor did he think it would be too fun with me in such a state.
So at about 2pm, we both decided for sure that it wasn't worth trying. We were quite fortunate though and were able to sell the tickets for the same price we paid for them. The concert started at 7 and we barely sold the tickets at 5pm- so that was way lucky. Now I definitely dont feel as bad for choosing to stay home, since we're not even out the money for the tickets.
Yes, it would have been a cool story... but I have been to probably 50 cool concerts in my life- so I guess I'll just have to stick to those stories for now. Plus a story of: "yeah, I saw Ben Folds when I was full-term with our first baby. I passed out in the pit because my stomach hurt so bad and peed my pants while I was down and everyone pointed and laughed at me"... really isnt a story I need to add to my repertoire of fun concert stories.
I am pretty sure though that not going to the concert rather seals the deal that the baby won't make her appearance tonight- just to spite us. It's okay though. She has technically paid her rent up through May 1st, and it looks like she intends on getting her money's worth. I'm doing my best to be a more gracious landlord in the meantime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
you are so funny and a great writer. That is awesome you were able to sell your tickets. Too bad about the concert though, you are right the last story would not be one to remember. Hope she comes soon!
I say evict your tenant. :o)
Unlike those Crown landlords. Those bastards.
Lor, you crack me up! I'm glad to hear you didn't go...and even more so since you actually did go into labor! Yahoo!
Post a Comment